Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Portland Grass

This Lawn is on the my walk to wok. I pass it everyday. I have been watch the brown spot grow and grow. What I find so unusual is that  it has been barely 30 days since Portland last had rain. And this particular lawn has automatic sprinklers. So what is the deal with Portland grass?
I am familiar with the hearty varieties of grass that are in Utah that survive on tiny amounts of water and are green and lush. while here the lawns are at their finest in the winter and early spring. It is amazing the amount of water it takes to keep this variety of lawn alive. In order for this variation of lawn to survive it has to be able to live in marshy type weather. I mean from Oct to June it rains almost everyday. Anyway the poor dry grass. . . .late summer is hard on every variety.

And how pathetic that I just posted about grass. Not even medicinal grass!

5 comments:

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

dear mairann, i love you and i laughed super hard! you are wonderful beyond belief!!

Ruth said...

Not pathetic! I hope you are well.

cheeks said...

i'm loving the 27 handicapped spots at the church....awesome! that's probably the one place they are always full!

Melissa Rees said...

I love the church post!!! Go St. George :)

Angie said...

This is fun! Way to be observant! :-D