Thursday, August 19, 2010

Teeth + Flossing = Party

Shay is my niece. She is 6. She lost three teeth in three days (one top and two bottom). Then I had the honor to remove the other top tooth when I visited Utah last week. Shay was not to eager to have me remove the tooth but my fingers itched to touch tooth. I had been on vacation for almost 7 days by then and really wanted to grasp that tooth. Josh (who is so cute in the background) suggested I bribe her with $1. So I did. then Grandpa added $1 to the pot as did Josh. Shay was still resistant to let me have any fun. But her mother reminded her that with the money she could get the princess purse from the dollar store. That worked! I removed the tooth and she got her purse!  I was so happy. Earlier in my trip I stayed with my brother Brent and his wife Jenni. My sister Jo Ann and Jenni sister Andrea are staying there as well so it was a party! Brent and Jenni have a dog Lexie who is a really likable dog. She let me floss her teeth! Well mostly she licked the floss but I got floss between a few teeth.What a champ! She helped complete my week!Since we were all having a party we decided to celebrate my brother Daniel's birthday. It was a last minute party that turned out pretty well. We had tons of shrimp and pineapple on the grill with mint oreo ice cream cake. It was so great to see all my family. I miss them dearly.
I have been having so many thoughts that have not made it onto paper or screen. One day I will sort out my thoughts and air them. Until then thank you for your patience.

7 comments:

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

im glad you were able to come and play!!!! it was a super memorable time! lol!! love you!!!

cheeks said...

i'm so glad you got to visit your fam...and josh :) i love that you are even finding ways to do dental work on your vacations! ha ha! i can't believe that dog will let you floss his teeth....you could put that kind of video on AFV and win a million!!!

Lizi Bates said...

I can't believe the doggy let you floss her teeth, that's awesome! And what a tough niece you have!! Looks like you had a great time with your fam, yay :) Random question...what kind of gas mileage does your truck get? George was asking me...

The Obergs said...

what a great trip home. I love the impromptu party, it sounded delicious. Are you crazy!? I can't believe you would even try flossing a dog's teeth. One time a pt. asked if I would clean her dogs' teeth "like the last hygienist did"... HELLO!

Lori England said...

Danny looks like he is defending his winnings from a poker game!

Maria said...

So I'm guessing you're not okay right now. Seriously, what is up with all that? I'm so sorry!!

Ruth said...

I love mint oreo ice cream!