Thursday, March 29, 2007

And The Verdict Is....

This morning I arrived at Dr ? office for a working interview. I was told that the day started at 8:30 but to come early to see where things were. I arrive at 8:10. No one is there. I wait around until 20 after. I am told that I am too early because my first patient is not until 9. So I am thinking why am I here so early? I chalked it up to miscommunication-minor irritation. This office is small. There are 3 chairs. That is it. It was amazingly clean-which is a plus. So I get my tray and proceeded to prepare for my first patient. Now it went as planned. I had to take regular BWX with tabs which I have not done since school and guess what I cone cutted! (I have digital and use XCP holders to line it up). So my first 3 patients-I had a no show- went fine minus cone cuts and not giving fluoride treatments because I could not find the fluoride-the office just does not do this-weird. I got a 30 min lunch because I went over on a little bit harder patient to get him finished. I went out with the front office girl. It was nice.

My afternoon rocked! I had a 3 year old which was hard because I do not currently see children. I made it...barely. Then my next two were fun patients and I had a blast talking to them. I did fluoride on 2 out of 3 afternoon patients. I think that this surprised the Dr. So I get ready to leave and after filling out W4 etc Dr ? asked me how I felt. I told him I would need a day to think about it. He agreed. Then he said that he thought about my compensation and he said 'this morning I was solid on $__ an hour but after working with you all day I will agree to what you want'. I am so honored! He is willing to pay me what I am worth! Amazing!

So the verdict is....I am not sure. I just do not know. I am going to have to think about this hard. So the saga continues. As a funny side note....Instructor Jennifer Wold's sister works at this office...ha ha ha

3 comments:

Jami said...

I think my heart started racing as i was reading your blog!! I am so interested in what you will decide...i'm glad dr.? realized right away what you are worth which is super since a lot of times we have to prove it to them over and over again and they still don't get it! (did that even make sense?) Good luck!

The Obergs said...

Hooray! I'm happy for you Maryann, it's so nice when dentists actually care about what you do, and think you should be compensated for what sometimes feels like a terrible job. It's sounds like both of these dentists are realizing how important you are, good luck with your decision.

Anonymous said...

I like that you call him Dr. ? It makes me feel like you're James Bond using code names and stuff. :-)