Friday, November 28, 2008

No Tryptophan hang-over!

Well, I just had my first Thanksgiving being married. It was good. We did not do anything. We tried to sleep in...I did not do so good with that so I got up and started dinking around. about an hour later Dan got up fixed a bowl of cereal and then started his day. Since breakfast was done...I made myself a German pancake. It is one you bake in the oven. It was really good.

By now I had received several texts from friends and family wishing me a great Thanksgiving. It was sad to talk to my family. I almost cried. I was missing all the fun! My nephew was doing cute things and so they took a pix of it and sent it to me. I am so glad they had fun! After lunch of bacon cheeseburgers--I made them, we went on the hunt for auto parts for the 4-runner Dan is trying to fix up. We did not have much luck. Just a little so we went back home and put the hoses on and tried to figure out the front brakes. Dan thinks it is the master cylinder. I just have no clue...Then we went to a movie. We saw 4 Christmases. It was pretty funny! Great holiday fun! After that Dan played Halo and I make Crummy Chicken for dinner. I was the only one who ate it though...don't know what is up with that. So I followed it up with some peppermint ice cream and called it good. Dan still played Halo so I finished reading my book. So while my Thanksgiving was not full of turkey and pie or the zoo it was a good one. I enjoyed relaxing and being with Dan. I am so thankful for the chance I have to be married. I am thankful for the interviews I have next week. I am extremely thankful for family and friends. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful as well!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm glad you're settling into the married life. There's always an adjustment period. I'm glad things are going well for you. Good luck on the interviews!!

cheeks said...

Hey! Thanksgiving is nice as long as you have your sweetie to share it with. It is hard being away from family...we've had 2 years of that now. Good luck with your interviews! I just went to 3 days and it's SOOOO nice!! That would work well with a little Albertson's on the side to keep you from burnin out! Let us know what happens. PS, i like your new profile pic

Kami said...

Fun, first Thanksgivings are the best. I want to taste a German pancake and I want to have a Jedi level dental hygiene license. You must provide me with your insight. I am glad that you are enjoying yourself. A big move like you have done is stressful even though it was for a really good purpose. I am crossing my fingers for you on the job front. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Wha? I would've eaten the whole pan of crummy chicken myself! I love that stuff! :-D

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and I hope that you get the hygenist job you want-- you certainly deserve it.

And I saw Four Christmases, too. It was alright-- Transporter 3 was way better, though, T-Bag and all! ;-D