Sunday, November 09, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Dan Faust


On Nov 1,2008 I married Daniel George Faust. We totally eloped. We went to a judges condo. The judge was adorable. He made the ceremony quite comical. Anyway, here are some pics of Dan and I. I am totally biased but he is one attractive man!!! Friday night Emily came to Portland and we went out to dinner to some Italian restaurant that I cannot remember the name of. I was kind of freaking out that night. I was so nervous. I was questioning everything. I was doubting my choices and doubting my decision to move 1,091 miles leaving everything I knew and loved. I mean what the hell??? Anyway I am not sure if the doubts were normal but I made it through them and survived. Dan was a bit nervous seeing my reaction. During dinner he leaned over and asked if we were getting married in the morning. I scared him.

Eventually I calmed down after having a long talk with Dan. He is so good at calming my fears and helping me see what is a fear and what is just stupid girl thinking. I am so lucky to have him. So Friday night he dropped Emily and me off at our hotel and went home. Sat morning he was late picking us up. Dan is not a late person. So I was kind of nervous. Well he comes into the room and I can tell he is nervous. I am calm as a cucumber. It was funny to see how our emotions changed. Now that we were getting married in less than an hour he was freaking out. He was so nervous. I guess I had gotten all my cold feet out the night before. Also I had the comfort of the Holy Ghost. I know that sounds cheezy and lame but it is true. Heavenly Father helped me move and marry this man so much. I am truly grateful for my knowledge of God and our eternal purpose!! So even though I disappointed myself by marrying a man outside the temple I have the hope of a promise that I will be sealed one day. I pray everyday for that dream to come true.
Here is a side view shot of Dan, me and our judge. He was too funny. He called Emily Bula. It was great comic relief. We needed 2 witnesses and since Emily was so wonderful to come all the way to Portland from Yakima we only needed one more. Luckily the judge stopped one of his neighbors and he was our 2nd witness. I do want to take a moment to say that I know all of you who read this blog would have been at my side if I had just had the common courtesy to tell you I was getting married. I know each and every one of you would have been my 2nd witness and would loved to have been there to support me. And because I have this knowledge I did not feel I needed to ask you to come. It is the thought that counts....I know you all would have been there for me if I had just asked. But I wanted to do this as small and without hoopla as possible. I know that sounds cold and heartless but I am old and did not want the typical 20 year old Utah wedding with the dresses, flowers, cake (which you don't eat), decorating a gym in a church etc. I am sure you all know what a headache I just avoided:) Well anyway, I am happy. Dan is wonderful. Saturday he and I went back to the hotel and did not surface for a long time. When we came up for air we walked around downtown and went to a movie--Rocking Rolla. It was hilarious. Then we drove around Portland looking at the great contrast in leaf colors. The colors were bright yellow, orange, red and green. It is so beautiful here. Dan was trying to orient me so I can navigate my way around, but I was distracted by the scenery. Saturday was a wonderful day and I am so glad to be married to Dan Faust. If any need my address let me know and I'll email it to you alright.....



5 comments:

The Obergs said...

It sounds like it turned out just exactly how you wanted it to. Congratulations again, I wish you all the happiness in the world.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! You both looked extremely happy, which makes me even more happy for you!! I'm glad everything went well and that you're enjoying your decision. We can't wait to see both of you!
Much love from Savannah!!

cheeks said...

you are beautiful! I am loving your long hair! You definitely avoided a lot of stressful planning that's for sure! Congrats again! AND....it's ok if you don't "surface" for a while!! That's what being a newlywed is all about!! ha ha

Melissa Rees said...

Congrats! I have to say that you look beautiful! Marriage agrees with you. I hope you can still come and visit Utah sometime. I was in St. George last saturday and when we stopped in Cedar City i thought of you! Again, congrats!

Lizi said...

The post we've all been waiting for!!! I love the close-up shot of you and Dan. You both look so happy!! Was the water fountain amazing? I mailed off a manilla envelope of your mail last week and will forward the rest as it comes. Nothing from the state of Oregon yet... We miss you!