Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Portland the Great


So tonight I was driving home from working at Albertsons Pharmacy. It was 6 pm at night and so traffic as you know---good. It wasn't too bad considering it is a big city, Utah's traffic is a lot worse. It only added 10 min to my time. Anyway I was sitting there being all homesick for my friends, family and familiarity of Cedar City when I looked around me and noticed that I live in a
beautiful city! So i wished I had my camera with me. Then after another few minutes I realized I had my phone. So here I am on I-5 southbound going to merge onto I-84 eastbound while going over a huge river--Willamette River. It is amazing how the freeways wind and twist and bridge over this great river. It is beautiful. So here is a pic with my phone....you can see my side mirror in the bottom right corner.


This next picture is of the traffic under one bridge but in reality we are merging to go on top of the bridge you see at the top of the pic. Weird I now. Anyway, I have only been lost twice and both times Dan has saved my life and gotten me home safe and sound. Bless his heart. He has had to be so specific with directions. I don't have the mountains to tell me which way is East and I cannot see the sun to try to figure it out myself...so I am pretty much directionally challenged. I cannot say I am getting better but I am trying. Also drivers here are so nice and awesome. I now understand more fully the statement that Utah drivers suck! Don't be offended but it is true....
Well I feel better, not so homesick now. I have a wonderful husband who made me dinner all last week, met me at the airport with roses, washed, folded, and put away all the laundry, assembled bookcases and a computer desk, went grocery shopping (the first one so it was huge), he leaves me THE cutest messages on the wipe board. I am so lucky! Now if I could just pass my jurisprudence test for dental hygiene. I have failed twice already! I hate this feeling! I am not an idiot! I know the law. So this last time I called the Oregon Board of Dentistry and they helped me out. They said that even though I would never do what the question was asking but unless it specifically states you cannot do that you can. So weird. So I had to change my way of thinking. It is hard to try to know what the Board of Dentistry wants. I start second guessing myself and then those darn true/false questions I can talk myself out of both answers!
Anyway, I miss cleaning teeth. Weird I know! Well Portland is a beautiful city and I am trying to find my happy place here so my heart will stop yearning for Cedar City.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I love Portland. I so wanted to move there outta school. Oh well, maybe someday I will.

Sounds like you're settling in nicely. Congrats again!

cheeks said...

Brett's sis lived in Portland for 3 years and they LOVED it!!!! I'm sure once you get your bearings straight you'll be in good shape! Maybe a GPS for Christmas would be a good idea?!? It has saved my life many times here! Good luck with your next test...you'll be great!

Em said...

Don't you mean DWF? Let me know the weekend -k- and are you still going home for thanksgiving?

Oh, I'm going through an identity crisis….that’s why the change.