Wednesday, December 01, 2010

1st Installment

I cannot believe I have not posted for almost a month. What is my deal? I am sure you are all dying to know what I am up to. ha ha ha.

I went to Utah for Thanksgiving. It was so much fun. I lost my voice after talking and talking and talking to all my dear friends. I have missed you all so much. I cannot even begin to express how lonely Portland and my apartment is right now. I dreaded entering my cold, dark and empty apartment. It has been a hard couple of days. Luckily I have been working and my patients and co-workers and Dr have helped me adjust back into Portland life.
I have been busy making those little bags for a few friends. Thank you for letting me make them! It has been fun. My newest project has been gloves. They are texting gloves-with trigger finger and thumb fold-away flaps. These were for my sister Jo Ann in Delaware. I feel so amazing making these. brag brag brag.

My nephew Ty and I at the high school's production of Beauty and the Beast. Ty's fav was Gaston and my niece Shay kept questioning the beast and if 'for really real in real life was he a beast?'  I just want to go on record that I was in Utah 10 days and put contacts in 0 times and make-up on three times.

This is my cute mom. She has Celiac (gluten allergy) for about two years. This is her eating her favorite cottage cheese and peaches WITH her first sandwich in two years! She finally found bread she liked. It has been a search and a miracle. She ate a whole loaf in about 3 days (the loaves are tiny with only about 10 slices). Her highlight was having an 'actual sandwich with miracle whip and turkey' She then enjoyed french toast and toast with her daily cup of hot chocolate.  She is the cutest cutest cutest woman in the world.

She even let Shay do her hair.

Ty and Shay were being so cute playing together with an i-Touch. I have enjoyed them so much this trip. I miss them so much.
My sister and her cute kids. I am so glad she shares them with me. I miss her. She is such a strong woman and I am proud to call her sister.

6 comments:

Lori England said...

Oh I love and miss you also. I think that i am so proud to call you sister! Sorry for all you are going through! God will help you through. I wish you could of gotten a better picture.

Ruth said...

I feel sad to have missed you on your trip.

The Obergs said...

Mary Ann, I love your "texting gloves" hahah, those are seriously awesome!

I'm so glad you got to spend the holiday with your family.

P.S. I was getting your vibes on "pie day". I even told my mom about you and how you've always remembered our tradition. It made her feel good. If you're ever up our way the day before Thanksgiving, you're welcome to join us. You have a standing invitation.

Chelseys Blog said...

Mair,

I wish you would come a little more south when you came to Utah. Portland is one of the main options we are discussing now. That would be so cool.... I would have an instant friend (i think-- a little presumptious of me) when IF I move there. Your gloves are steller!!! Love and miss you girl!!

cheeks said...

ACTUALLY...i have been waiting for a post! it's not like you to disappear from the blogging world like that! haha!

i'm soooo glad you got to enjoy your family for more than just a quick weekend! your nieces/nephews are way cute! i'm totally impressed by the gloves...they look professional! when i saw them i first thought of shooting!! haha! texting is also a grand idea! your mom is cute...i don't know how i'd live w/o bread for 2 yrs. i don't blame her for downing the loaf so fast!

Lizi Bates said...

The gloves turned out awesome!!