Friday, December 31, 2010

My Christmas

My Christmas vacation started with a drive by of the burning Provo Tabernacle. Maria was so kind to bring Melissa all the way to Spanish fork just to have lunch with me!

We just had to drive by the tabernacle.

My sister Jo Ann has been in Delaware for the last few months. she was introduced to Scrapple. A local delicacy that is pretty interesting. It is a pork product that is eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Alone or with an egg. It was pretty interesting stuff. I am glad to say I have tried it.

My mom has an amazing winter village that she has not put up for years. This year she was too tired. Jo Ann and I cleared off the bookcase while she was at work and she promptly started putting up the village. My sister Lori helped. It was so fun to see my mom so excited.

AJ is my youngest nephew. He is 9 months old and is so big. He is eating graham crackers for the first time right here. He finally got a tooth in!

Tuesday Dec 21 Delta received quite a bit of snow. Jo Ann and I got bundled up just to go play.


My mom was trying to find her Bronco

My mom and I starting a snowman

Jo Ann and my mom making snow angels

Me and my mom making snow angels. My mom is completely giddy in snow and promptly plopped down for an angel. She acted like she was 17 years old ha ha ha good good times


Mom found some more village stuff. It was on sale before Christmas for 50% off. She just 'had' to get a few more pieces to fill the book case! 
My niece Shay is in a singing group that went caroling. Shay is the second from the left. She had such expressive facial expressions while singing. Too fun!

Christmas Eve we decorated cookies for Santa. Lori and her son Ty
Jo ann and Ty

Shay

Jo Ann made us t-shirts for Christmas. Mine said Wonder Ann (my nickname) Brent (my bro) loves Modern Family and his wife Jenni is pregnant. Her shirt said Prego Princess in sparkly pink decals. We all loved our shirts.  And Brent WTF?
Over all Christmas was great fun. I realized Josh is an ass. And that a year ago Dan and I decided to get divorced. It still hurts.
I have decided to stay in Portland for a few more months. I am not sure why it just seems to be the thing to do. I miss everyone in Utah so much. I hate being alone out here. But I choose to live here and now I have to accept it. I can be happy or sad.
Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy New Year! I am grateful you are my friend and have lots of faith that the new year brings lots of change and wonderful things for both of us! I pray for you daily and I thank you for letting me be your friend. You are so strong and such an example to me.

Lori England said...

What a lot of things were crammed into your Christmas vacation! Utah loves you too! Trying to be happy is a great goal! I missed the part about Josh being an ass.

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

I was in ephraim this week and I really wanted to run into him and by run into him I mean with my car. and by that I mean just punch him cux that would hurt worse than my invisible car. anyways, I am glad that you had so much fun at Christmas!! You left out the part about you waking me up at three am to tell me santa came..that was my favorite:) LOVE you too much for words! oh and glad you liked my scrappppo! lol! my word verification is stratici! such a fun word! I am so blessed to get fun words!

The Obergs said...

I'm excited for your decision and the fact that you're embracing it. With that kind of attitude it's bound to turn out great.

P.S Is scrapple like spam? I LOVE spam!

P.S.S. I love your mom. I think she seems like the sweetest, most fun-loving person.

cheeks said...

i'm so glad you got to spend the holidays with your fun family! I LOVE LOVE the snow pics, and especially your moms face...she looks like it's her first time seeing the white stuff! She's so cute! and, i love that you surprised her by putting up her village, that's so sweet!

i think staying where you have a job secured is very smart at this point....hopefully some other great opportunities will open up to you as well! Happy New Year!

Melissa Rees said...

I'm so glad we were able to get together!! I miss you and I wish you were in Utah, but I know you need to do what's best for you. Sending major happy vibes your way!!

Maria said...

It was so good to see you at Christmas! I need to just drive to Portland and visit you. It would be a fun road trip. Glad you realized Josh is an ass :)