Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Weekend of Yarn

Another weekend has passed and what did I do? I crocheted 3 dishcloths. I am officially an old maid.

I made this one during the Super Bowl, which I enjoyed with Todd.

I made this one on Monday.


Overall I am pretty proud of these three dishcloths. They turned out really nice and unique. I like the blue and green one best but the colorful one intrigued me because it starts out round then BAM it is an octagon.
I would like to appease Crystal and any others who did not comment. . . Todd Kimball 101.
Todd is the oldest of two. His sister Danise lives in California and has 2 cute children. Todd grew up in California. He is a huge sports fan but very attentively did not forget me for one second during the Super Bowl. He even tried to teach me a play or two. He got his bachelors degree from Fresno State. Then moved to Phoenix and got his MBA. He had his own sports radio show in CA. In Phoenix he had a syndicated radio show called On A Roll. It focused on people with disabilities. Then Todd moved to Portland. He owned a staffing company (Moonlight Staffing) He sold it about 3 years ago. He is starting up a Non-Profit company called MainStreamed Media
Todd is amazing, smart, kind, thoughtful, considerate, generous, great communicator, really good at relationships, 6 months out of a 15 year marriage, a business minded man. He has exposed me to new foods and a new way to look at life. I never thought about curb cuts before. I have thought about steps and showers without bars. I have thought about power supplies for wheelchairs. I have not thought of plates in a lower drawer in kitchen. Todd listens to me. Actually listens and plans activities with my preferences in mind. He cares about me. ME. 
Todd is not paralyzed. He has cerebral palsy. He does not have good coordination in his legs to walk. He is a Toastmasters champion and has several trophies to prove it. Portland is a great city to not have a vehicle due to the wonderful (and I mean wonderful) public transit. Todd works out several times a week. He is extremely independent and stubborn. He has travelled more than me. He already has plans for Valentines Day (the 1st time I will have plans on this day EVER-don't judge me. I already feel pathetic about it). There is so much more I can say. Rest assured his marriage ended not by his choice or fault. Todd considers himself a Hybrid male and not just because he had to use women's restrooms because they were the only ones with wheelchair access until 1985 (Todd wanted me to mention that women keep their restrooms way cleaner than men), but because his point of view is different than the average man. I am starting to believe it-kind of. My co-workers think he is perfect, especially since he brought Betsy chocolate on her birthday as well as me. Todd spoils me and I am not accustomed to it. It is hard to accept and believe. The walls on my heart are pretty tall and thick. I am scared. I don't know how to behave around a man who is not a jerk. . . . ha ha ha funny yet true. Todd has a lot to teach me. He wants to make me happy, but for how long? I don't know.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

It is like I told you, he will make you happy forever, if you will let him. This post just reaffirms what I know. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day! You deserve it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Lizi Bates said...

First of all...nice yarn work! I like the star. I'm glad you did this post so we know a little more about this mystery good guy Todd. I'm excited to hear what he has planned for you on V-day...that is coming up! I'm sooo happy you are having to learn how to act around a real gentleman. May this be the norm for you from now on!

cheeks said...

todd sounds wonderful...thanks for finally filling us in out here in cyber-world! :) i'm excited to hear about your valentines date and the brazilian ballet (are these 2 different events?)----let him spoil you. you definitely deserve to be treated like a queen! it's ok that you have walls up, it's for good reason, but this guy sounds like he'll be able to slowly take them down. i'm happy for you!

Lori England said...

Well, just let him know that if he plans on pulling a josh i will come kick his A@! No really i am glad you are having fun1 He has made you smile again and you so need and deserve that! Sell your creations! Start an online business with Todds help and see if it works. You might be amazed.