Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bridge of the Gods


Pictures sure say 1,000 words. I heard this pic saying many things. I will later discuss that I did not take this picture.I wont even talk about my negative views, but yikes! Instead I will focus on the Bridge of the Gods. That is the steel bridge in the picture. It spans the mighty Columbia River, separating Oregon from Washington. This bridge is located in Cascade Locks in Oregon. David and I stopped there after driving by the waterfalls on the scenic historic highway. We stopped for lunch and perfectly delicious soft serve ice cream!

Washington shores. The day was quite rainy while we were at the waterfalls but here the day turned out very nice. Maybe it was the after glow of the ice cream or maybe it was the company or maybe it was the miraculous seat warmers the Challenger has. Whatever the reason I had a wonderful drive and lunch!

 
As we crossed the Bridge of the Gods there was a barge hauling logs. It was amazing to me and I took the pic. Completely useless but I had to include it for my memory. The logs were quite impressive. I love bridges. They are a little fear inducing for me but in a good way. It is a thrill to drive over the big river every time I get to.
I am completely spoiled. I am very lucky to have the chance to go out and sight see and try things. I am also happy to have a picture on here that I didn't have to take myself. David took it. It was so wonderful just having someone to share the day with. I remember many times when I was married that I took pictures of myself at the coast or a waterfall or a hike or a tree etc. I was alone. It is really nice to have someone to hang out with. I am pretty excited for next weekends adventure. . . sneak preview---Emily Adams wedding in Yakima Washington followed by meeting David's mother.

3 comments:

*Jo* said...

I love you! I love bridges and they are in short supply here so I guess I am going to have to visit you soon:) good luck next weekend!! Its so nice to have someone to share things with!! Im glad you have David!!!

Ruth said...

Such a beautiful place!

cheeks said...

wow! Those pics are beautiful! you live in an amazing place.... you should feel lucky to have such amazing scenery all around you!

i'm glad you're enjoying your time w/ dave! it sounds like you have a lot of fun together. is emily from hygiene school?? good luck meeting davids mom!