Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Moments

This is the cable bridge in Tri-cities Washington. Tri-cities is Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland. There are 3 bridges in this area. David listened to me mention on our first date that I enjoyed bridges. I have never lived around bridges. They fascinate me. I admit I have a favorite bridge in Portland, but I am not sure I have a bridge obsession. What is perfectly wonderful is that David takes the time to make sure I see the bridges. Because of this I have loved the bridges!

The cable bridge at night. It was raining and the water was running off the cables. It was impressive driving on the bridge! Perfectly amazing!

This is the blue bridge. The metal framework has been painted blue. I loved the American Flag flying on the bridge. This bridge spans the Columbia River.

Me and the bridge. I was lucky enough to be taken to a park so I could get a side view of the bridge and a little dose of geese. The park had many geese and ducks. There was also a lawnmower show. I was not even tempted to test drive a mower.  

Here we go. . . over the blue bridge!

Blue bridge is amazing!

This is the bridge spanning the Columbia River. We were leaving Washington and entering Oregon. I have been on this bridge before with Dan. It was way more fun with David! He slowed down so I could get pictures! David cared so much about what would make me happy that he drove out of his way to make sure I saw all these bridges this weekend.
Blissful indulgence!
David did the sweetest thing this weekend. On our way back to Portland he pulled off at Cascade Locks where the Bridge of the Gods is located. A few weeks ago David and I stopped and had the best soft serve ice cream cone at a little place called Eastwind Drive-Inn. David stopped yesterday to get me an ice cream cone just to watch my face enjoy it.

I got the cone in a cup because they are so large. It was raining and cold and due to the no ice cream in the Challenger rule we were sitting outside on a bench enjoying the wonderful soft serve. I was so happy! I realized Dan didn't even care if I ate. I had to fight (literally) him to get me food (no wonder I was skinnier when I was married). And here is this wonderful man getting me ice cream. It was cold in the rain. I started shivering but would not put down my ice cream. David soooo kindly allowed me in the car with my ice cream. So I enjoyed my lovely creamy twirl ice cream with the seat warmers on high! It was a blissful moment! I cannot believe that I was given allowance to bring the potentially messy food into the Challenger. I am so spoiled!

7 comments:

Maria said...

You have on your hygiene hoodie!! I still have mine too and I love it. I'm so glad you're happy! I can't keep up with all your adventures.

Ruth said...

I think bridges are beautiful!

cheeks said...

i noticed the hoodie too :)

what a nice guy to let you have icrecream in his car....ok and all those other awesome things he does for you!! i love reading about all your adventures!

*Jo* said...

you are super spoiled but you deserve it!!

Lizi Bates said...

Love that Charger! But I love more how David treats you - you deserve it! I hope there are many ,more happy momtents to come:)

The Obergs said...

I've missed a couple of posts and I'm just getting caught up. I love David. He's so good to you... letting you eat icecream in his sweet ride. But the nicest thing he did was take you to an LDS wedding with a ton of people he's never met before... that's really sweet. Taylor won't even go with me to my friends' weddings.

Congratulations to Emily. I'm glad to hear that she's found a great guy and is happy.

Melissa Rees said...

Love that Emily married her patient!! I remember her and I'm glad you are still friends with her. This David guy is sounding like a keeper!!