Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WTF----Why the Flowers?

This is my thumb. On Friday it started hurting like I had a hang nail. I dug around and did not find anything. It continued to swell and hurt. The inflammation response was in full force. It hurt so bad. It hurt to fasten my bra, button my pants, and the 1,000,000 other things our thumbs do. Tuesday I worked and it was hard to hold my mirror all day what with all the twirling I do. A small green/yellow spot started to appear on Sunday. Today it is full blown green. Like a bugger! Like pus! I kinda want to pop it but have not dared for fear of making it worse. So here it is all mean and green and less hurty.

Now to the real story---this is for my journaling purposes and is a dumb story.

These colorful and fragrant roses were delivered to me at my office on Tuesday. I thought they were from David. I was so happy to have them. 2 dozen lovely roses. After treating my patient I looked at the card and it said
"Because in my heart i still love you and miss you lots. Hope you find what your looking for and it brings you happiness and joy. Love Daniel"

Yes, Dan. WTF?
Why is he doing this? Why care about me now? Why love me now? Why send me flowers now? Why care about my happiness?
I had emailed him telling him that I was seeing David. Then days later I get flowers. I find it to be manipulative and selfish on his part.
I feel he is messing with my mind and heart. Why? I dont know. He has repeatedly told me that I am not going to be in his life.
WHY THE FLOWERS?
My heart hurts.

6 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

From Dan, really?? Where was he and his flowers last year? He is manipulative. Don't let him mess with your mind or your heart Mair. And I hope your thumb gets back to normal soon! Maybe it just has a case of spring fever :)

Ruth said...

I am guessing, while manipulative on his part, what he is seeing in Afganistan puts things into prospective and he is losing his mind. Many things I want to write, but will not.

*Jo* said...

so I dont know about anyone else but I want to know more about your thumb!! hope all is well with it and that its not some crazy infection. love you!!

cheeks said...

weird about the "green thumb"....maybe it's from all the plants you've been dealing with lately ;)

dan is lame.....do you think he would have send those had you not told him about david? i think he's a bit manipulative. Every time you mention him, your next comment is how you are hurting/sad...i think you should stick to the guys that make you happy when you talk abou them! :)

Melissa Rees said...

Oy. He is a master manipulator and a JERK!! Just ignore it and chalk it up to him acting like and adolescent. Sorry about your thumb, too! I would have totally popped it

Maria said...

Ditto what Melissa said!