Thursday, February 23, 2006

'Hate me today'

The time has come for a new post. I am not too sure how to put this...WSU DH class of 2006 is struggling. I have felt and heard things that make me wonder what happened to our once cohesive group. Are we stressed out? Are we so competitive that secretly we want our classmates to fail? Are our personalities so different that we just do not give a rats ass? I am not really sure. I know from my own point of view, that I have been very selfish.

I want to apoligize to everyone. Honestly, I care about each one of you. I want you all to be the best you can be. I have always had a drive to be the best and being in the program has made be realize that I am not. I fail. I am grateful for my shortcomings because they have been brought to my attention and I am working on them. I am grateful for everyone's influence on my career as a dental hygienist! Each one of you has helped me realize what I need to do to be the best. My wish is that we can enjoy the last 8 weeks of our time together before we spread our wings and soar in our individual lives. I am pretty sure I will miss the freindship and interaction I have had with every single one of you! My goal for the next 70 days until graduation is to help everyone I can. I want to find as many board patients as I can so I can help my fellow 2006ers succeed! I want to share patients, clean rooms, and study for boards with anyone who wants my help. I am serious about the studying thing. Ask me and we can work out a time to study! I don't want to gossip about those people on the watch list, just so I can pride myself for not being on the list....which you should all know I was on and did extra VA sessions. I don't want to see any of you fail the boards! I don't want to see feelings hurt! My dream is that we all will suck it up (me included), and treat others as we would like to be treated!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So I already told you I was on the shit list, for reasons I do not know. But now I have read your post and I feel much better!! Thanks for being so positive about all this. And help me out, okay, cuz apparantly I suck. :(

Jami said...

Can I just say thanks for putting me in my place?! I think you are so right. I know there are days when I am only looking out for #1. The end is getting so close i just hope everyone gets all they need. It's scary to think in a few more months we will be having our final scale check...am i ready?? Some days I feel like I need another year to feel ok on my own. And...i would love to have you as a study mentor cuz my skills and schedule are pretty pathetic!