Friday, February 10, 2006

'She'll be Coming Around the Mountain'

What a day! After a few hours of insomnia I got up at 4:15 AM. I needed to leave Ogden at 5:30 am so I could be at the bus stop so I could go to the State Capital. This was my first time going to the Capital and I misjudged the timing. We ended up arriving 45 minutes early. It was alright though because we got a lot of inside help. Lobby Day was amazing! It is intimidating to be in the Senate and House. We received a quick tour and breif explaination. Candice Norris was amazing! I learned more about politics. WSU faculty represented! I am so proud of WSU! We really know how to make a prescence-poor UCDH, they were envious!

All day I felt like I was being watched like a hawk by that business! After Lobby Day I had table clinics. Brent Molan walked around and wrote the subjects/titles of all of our table clinics. I am not sure but I think that WSU dominated the dental hygiene table clinics! Again I am so proud of the purple! Students from UCDH came around-man there were a ton of them-and I felt like they were trying to copy us. I should be flattered but the evil twin in me wants to shout--'You will never measure up to WSU!'

Natalie and I got a ride home tonight with UTA. It was such an adventure. In one ride we almost ran over a Jeep, got the doors stuck on a pole, ran over a curb,and listened to the driver whistling 'She'll be Coming Around the Mountain'! It was such a blast! We tried to study but it did not work. I was just so tired that I could not think straight! I am so glad I am home and my feet are up!

2 comments:

Jami said...

Maryann, do your feet hurt as bad as mine do? YIKES! I will for sure be buying flats for the next convention! Thank you so much for doing such a great job of representing our class and our school and standing up for our profession! Way to represent! It was crazy to see all those students from that other "school." I too feel like they are trying to copy everything we do. I think i had steam coming out of my ears today when douhgerty was trying to be all friendly with us as she came past our table clinic. GGGRRRRRRRRRR. Anywho, we missed you at lunch...but it sounds like you had quite the adventure on UTA! Have a relaxing weekend, try not to study too hard!

Anonymous said...

Public transportation is the ONLY way to go! But cabbies are pretty dang entertaining, too.... ;-)