Thursday, February 09, 2006

'I just want to flirt'

I just got back from hanging out at a dental convention. I must say it was a pretty interesting day. It started with a 45 minute wait for my name badge...surely this could have been avoided!!! Then I volunteered at the Crest booth. Me and my homies gave out samples of toothpaste and mouth rinse until I thought my arms were going to fall off, and I did not have the hard job! I was glad to be finished with my shift! An early lunch was in order. Heidi got a Diet Pepsi and was disgusted so I traded my Diet Coke for the preferred Diet Pepsi! It was just what I needed! After a little food we walked back to the Salt Palace-which was hard because my feet hurt-dang the cute shoes!

It was time to go check out the vendors! It was alright but not very exciting! I did not get any samples-sad! I have been sold on Orascoptic loupes but alas my pocket book is not-sigh. After walking around for a while I went to the Weber State University table, which was next to the hated UCDH school in Provo. It was hard for me to be so near them and behave. I still have germs from a hug a person who went awol from WSU just to teach at this business-ugh-gave me.

I attended part of a class regarding ergonomics. It was really interesting. Physical therapists know their stuff. It was a good reminder how to stretch. I think I could use this course every year.

We finally left the Salt Palace after more running around getting SADHA stuff taken care of. Melissa, Heidi, Korbin, Natalie and I decided to get a bite to eat. I wanted breakfast but everyone else wanted Famous Daves (BBQ). Luckily I let them win! My girls called their husbands and only Landon (Nat's hubbie) was able to come--we missed you Matt, Jeremy and Terry! We had the BEST waiter at Famous Dave's! It was such a refresher after last week and the horrible monster at Z Tejas. Justin was so fun to flirt with. So to make this long blog longer...I ended up leaving my number on the receipt. Maybe he will call, maybe he won't but it sure was fun! I wish all guys were fun..not freaks like Dr. Johnson (I am totally upset for you Maria!).

3 comments:

Jami said...

You go girl!!! Way to be a flirt...I can't wait to hear if he calls!!!

Maria said...

Mary Ann, I love you! That is so awesome that you left your number. I am still licking my wounds, but I am feeling better already (see recent post). I wish you had come to lunch with us. Did your waiter smell good like the guy in Park City? That was awesome!

Anonymous said...

I got seven cherries in my Cherry Coke on Friday for flirting with the waiter. Whatever works! ;-)