Friday, March 27, 2009

Best Step-Daughters Ever!

I went to Nebraska to be with Dan's daughter Eiryanna. She is 12 and had her gall bladder out. We drove....on the way we picked up his other daughter Jessica. She is 3 years old.


Jessica was jealous of the band-aids Eiryanna had so the nurse gave her a pink one. Then she was pouting in the hall. She was just wonderful. She behaved so well on the long drive (even with a 10 hour delay in Cheyenne due to freeway closures from storms). She did great in the 'hopsital'. All in all it was a great weekend. The girls are great. I dont think I will have to be the evil step mom. These girls are amazing! They are wonderful and I am excited to get to know them better.
Being a step-mom is freaking me out. I just do not know what to do. I hate the negative feelings I have. I hate the inkiness of dealing with an ex-wife and ex-girlfriend. I hate being judged. I hate worrying if the mom's are worried releasing their children into our care. I hate the unknown.
I hate even more that my mom had her gall bladder out yesterday and I was not there. I hate that my brother from Georgia is there and I am not seeing him.
Ok enough hate....10 things I love.
1. my husband
2. my Heavenly Father
3. my family and friends
4. my job
5. spring--the trees here bloomed while we were gone and they are beautiful
6. the LDS gospel. It brings me more peace than I deserve and hope when I feel lost
7. modern bathrooms
8. disinfectants and cleaners
9. my clean house-minus the bathroom (asked Dan to clean it--might have to break down and do it myself)
10. last but not least my truck (which I have to give up-*@%#!!!")
11. Cedar Mountain
12. Souix sandstone--got to touch some in Nebraska
13. birth control
ok I feel much better now.

6 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Why do you have to give up your truck? That sucks. Your stepdaughters are so cute!! And stick to your guns - make Dan clean that toilet!!

Maria said...

Glad you had a fun trip! It would be so hard to deal with all those feelings. I don't think I could do it. You're amazing though, so don't ever feel jealous!

What's up with you giving up your truck? Don't you need it?

Em said...

What the truck? Oh, man, you're a better woman than I.

cheeks said...

Your stepdaughters' pouty lip is too cute! How could you ever say no to a face like that?! I like your top 10 love list...it makes me happy! I'm sad about that beautiful truck though...you really can't keep it?

AND, i agree w/ melissa....make him clean the bathroom! it will make him appreciate you more (because 9 time out of 10, you're the one who does it)!

Chelseys Blog said...

What is the deal with the truck? Your step daughters are so very cute.

Lori England said...

There is a whole lot of things that you are going to have to deal with in your marrige and step things are not something that I can give you any advie about! So, have fun with that. I do not think that they will ever think you and Dan would put his girls in harms way. Just tell them about your experence in the nursery!