Saturday, March 07, 2009

This Week

Well world this week has had its ups and downs. Basically work was slow, playing was slower and it got cold again. I know spring is not here yet but I really want it to be. Bulb flowers are sprouting here in Portland and some of the bushes are blooming. They smell so good.


Yesterday I made it to the zoo. Being in Oregon the zoo is landscaped in a forest. So in between exhibits there are spots of forest with signs showing elk tracks, a moss covered set of elk antlers--huge ones! and eagle nests etc. It is pretty cool. The reptile collection is smaller than Hogle Zoo in Utah. But other exhibits were much more impressive. It was quite an interesting day. My favorite one was the sea lions. They were having fun swimming around and it was fun to watch. There was a special needs class there also and the kids were adorable. They were so excited they could not speak. They just grunted and made noise, pointed etc. It was so much fun to watch them be excited about snakes, fish and penguins.


I am really liking Portland. I do miss Utah some days but it is less and less each day. Well here is a pic of a bird. You go in the cage and they fly around and land on you. It was fun...I was scared of the poop, but hey whatcha gonna do?

4 comments:

Maria said...

I love how independent you are! I seriously need to bring my car out here. I'm feeling way too isolated on this campus island that has become my home.

I can't wait for it to warm up here. They say it's a great city in the summer.

Lori England said...

How fun! I am so jelouse of your adventures! Well, I have more pictures of Ty and he is smiling but I did not include all of them in the slide because i was just making sure i could get it to work. I will see if I can add more pictures to it so look again tomorow. If you click on the slide show it will give you a link to make your own. It is easy and fun. Love and miss you.

Melissa Rees said...

You are so good to go out and do stuff! Sometimes I feel like such a toad just sitting around my house. We miss you!

Em said...

How fun. One day I'll get Bj to the zoo.