Sunday, March 01, 2009

Just Another Week

Life has been hard this week. I have been a bugger. I am so frustrated with myself. I know some if it is adjusting to being married after years and years of solitude....but why in the hell does it bother me that I am the only one who does dishes when I was the only one who did them before? I mean really. I am reminded of a song by Pink 'Im so irritating' and by my beloved Rob Thomas with his band Matchbox 20 sang ' And Im so terrified of no one else but me and Im here all the time I wont go away; its me; and I cant get my self to go away' I fell that so much today.

I am very happy with all my friends and their lovely lives and wonderful moments they are having. I just did not have any this week. I stayed in bed and read on Friday instead of doing a day hike. I scared my husband but we talked about it and today we are doing better. I am lucky to have him and would not change it for the world. So even though life was hard this week I will survive and maybe this week will be better.

8 comments:

Lizi said...

Oh Mair, I'm sorry you had a stinky week :( Marriage is intense. You'll never have stronger feelings (both good and bad) than those you have for your spouse. Luckily those good times definitely make up for the bad. We sure miss you here in So. UT.

Maria said...

I chuckled to myself reading this post. Being married reminded me of babysitting a toddler. There are definitely some rewards, but it's damn hard work. I went out last night with a friend and we were saying how much we loved living alone, because everything is exactly the way you left it when you get home,

Hmm, that was supposed to be helpful but it probably isn't coming across that way. Good luck girl! I'm sure your hubby appreciates you.

Em said...

Oh, Mair...I stayed in all weekend too and read a book. Don't know what to tell you. Sometimes there'll be moments that life just sucks. LOL not real poetic, sorry. Hey, when are you going back to UT? Bj and I are going home Spring Break. March 28 till April 4th-something like that.

Heidi said...

Hi Mair!

I have a suggestion...have him do the cooking and you the cleaning up or vice versa. That is what Jake and I do a lot of the time, I love it! It's a bummer to do the cooking and cleaning by yourself!

Ruth said...

So now I know I totally suck at being a friend. Good grief! I was just telling Dave the other day about my lack of social skills. I hope your week is better.

Chelseys Blog said...

Sorry you had such a rough week. To be honest... my first year of marriage... well was not marital bliss. But it just gets better and better. I know how you feel though.. and of course you would not change it for the world... but it is a big adjustment.. at least it was for me. I love ya girl! and remember... YOU are my favorite!

Lori England said...

Wow! I had that fight with matt for 7 years. Clean up, wipe the crumbs off the counter, pick up the house, ect. Well when we bought the daycare I told Matt that if he wanted me to work 24/7 he would have to help me out with the house work. Well, the first month Matt apoligised alot for not helping out for so long. Now honestly he does almost more then me at home. So it will get better...just give it 7 years!!!!

Melissa Rees said...

Ahh the joys of being married! Ok, sometimes it's not so joyful, but you just need to say what's on your mind and work through it together. Sometimes it actually works!