Friday, March 13, 2009

Just a Friday

I know you were hoping for a post about one of my grand adventures. Sorry to disappoint but all I did today was work. It was not bad. It started off with me rushing to the Max (light rail) and missing the train. So while I am waiting for the next one I am thinking I will be about 9 min late and that will be ok. I am not late and so today I will be ok. Then as I board the next train I realize it is Friday and we work at 8:30 am not 7:30 like the rest of the week. I could have slept in!!! I was so sad. So I get to work and let myself in. I turn everything on and sit in the break room and read wishing I could have slept in. ARRGGHHH. This morning wasn't even a good one. I mean the internet would not work and I was frustrated! Then to be late frustrated me, but then I was early so I was frustrated. I just could not win today. Luckily I only had 3 patients today so I did not have to be 'on' very much today. I spent most of the day making our charts HIPPA friendly.

The charts came with the practice so there are years of stuff. I am pulling out old credit card slips. You know the kind where you slid the card and imprinted the number onto the paper. Totally old school. Well I am shredding all that kind of antique stuff. It was pretty fun-ha ha ha.

Last Friday I spent about an hour-60 eternal minutes calling around to different medical clinics looking for a doctor. I am in desperate need of an OB-GYN for some issues I am having. I do not have insurance until I pass my 90 days which will be in April. But I feel I need to get started somewhere because the pain it so bad that I cannot function. Anyway one clinic will take 5 cash paying patients a month and they have already seen those 5, another clinic is OHSU (oregon health science univ) will take cash but you have to apply and then have a board approve your application and then you can only see a student not even a resident. Many of the other clinics will not see cash paying patients. I felt so discriminated against. So I was joking about it at work and Dr M calls me into his office and said since I started in Nov I was now eligible for insurance. How freaking awesome is my doctor? I mean who lets a RDH work 8 hours doing busy work when she has 3 patients scheduled in a row? Who gives an RDH insurance for 3 days of work? And who gives it to her a month early? Shit I am lucky. So now I just have to get an appointment get my records and previous tests from my Utah doctor and get my problems solved....WAHOO!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! New look for your blog...love it. And what a great doctor! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had Fridays like that. That's totally something I would do.

I'm always a disaster "down there". LOL! I've given up on trying to figure out what's going on with my lady parts. Sorry you're in so much pain; that's not fun.

Aimee said...

That's awesome you're working for a good doc. They're hard to find dentists that truly appreciate their staff. Hope you get your issue taken care of. Lady issues are the worst!

Melissa Rees said...

I am also miserable down there, and my doc said nothing was wrong!! Grrrr... sometimes being a girl sucks.

Em said...

I'm glad it worked out. And you do work for a very good doctor. Have you looked up any of 'those' stores around you or in the Dalles?

Lori England said...

I think you have honeymoonitis! To much sex!

Lori England said...

how do you make your blog cute?