Friday, July 03, 2009

4th of July Adventures or Lack There Of...


I have never seen a yellow lily. I saw one at the good old PDX temple and had to get a pic.

So here it is 4th of July weekend. A day where the pharmacy is closed. A day where I could enjoy a 3 day weekend. And even better is that July 2 I only had one patient. So I only worked until noon Thursday. In my old life it would have been the most wonderful and beautiful thing to happen. I would have been able to be off to whatever adventure I had planned. Well this year, I talked to Dan about this weekend. I said I was going to the coast and asked if he wanted to come along. He said yes lets go camping though. So I thought that was a wonderful idea. Since I am new to the area and am pretty clueless about how life goes here in the Northwest, I asked Dan if we needed to reserve a camping spot or something when we planned this 6 weeks ago. He said no we would just find a spot on the beach and camp there. So I was looking forward to this weekend. I planned meals, I planned clothes...I do not have a plethora of beach wear having never lived near a beach. So imagine my sadness when Dan gets his work schedule and he is scheduled 1:30 pm to 9:30 pm every day Wed-Sun. He did not get it off work. Now I do not want to play the blame game so I am choosing to believe that he thought he had the time off but it did not happen. Whatever the reason whatever the cause-my husband is working all weekend. I am quite sad about it. I know it is my responsibility to have my own fun. I am not going camping. I am not going anywhere. I feel so sad I want to get some good ice cream and potato chips and sit on my couch with movies. Well here I am....who knows if I will have fun or not or if I will just go mow the lawn. . . . . . . .
PS..Rob Thomas newest CD does not disappoint. I know you were all worried about it;) So the cover is scary what is Rob thinking? I am not sure but I listen to it without looking at him...plus I downloaded the cd and so I dont have the orig cd and album cover.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, Mair! I'm sorry. I am probably not going to have a great weekend either, because I'm not around any family and I have a huge paper due next week. I hung out with some friends tonight at a little BBQ and it was fun, but I was the only one there without a significant other. So I am now feeling sorry for myself. If I could I would come out to Portland and we would have some fun!

cheeks said...

i'm sure there is some type of parade in your town....get out there and have some fun on your own! i have to drag brett to the parade tomorrow....i might be better off going by myself as well (hopefully emri will enjoy the parade with me)! i'm sorry your weekend didn't turn out as planned, but there's still lots of time for new plans! good luck!

Melissa Rees said...

Ok that sux. At least you don't have to get in a pool at the in-laws in front of all your skinny-ass sisters-in-laws. Yup, it's gonna rock!! By the way, saw the new Rob Thomas CD cover at Target. It kinda scared me. Had to get close up and make sure it was him. What's your opinion on it?

vicki said...

Oh, I'm so sorry things didn't work out! I think you guys should plan to do the trip in the near future and make sure he gets the time off. I'm sure it would be fantastic!