Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sand and Sun in Portland




Hello from Bart. He was created at the Sand in the City sand castle contest. Teams competed in this contest and then donations are taken at the door to raise money for a children's charity 'Kids on the Block'. Anyway, I love the Simpsons!



Gotta scrub the dog! Check out the bubbles. I am amazed at the detail of the sand.




Where the wild things are....I might be burned at the steak but I am not the biggest fan of the book and not sure about the movie. But I did love this sand sculpture.
















Last but not least, is Smurfette. There was more to this but I did not get the picture. There was a river and another smurf floating down the river and Papa Smurf by a house. I love this pic the most because it reminds me of my mom. I miss my mom very much. I am tearing up now....One Christmas my mom had purchased her own gift and wrapped it and everything. It was a pair of sweat pants and shirt. They were both blue. Smurf blue. Later that morning she came out of her room looking so cute in her blue and we nicknamed her Mama Smurf. Due to our ridicule she changed her clothes immediately. We felt bad but the nickname has become a term of endearment. I love my mom.

6 comments:

Maria said...

That is so awesome! I love "The Simpsons"; that sculpture is so cool!

Lori England said...

Oh you will be burned if you ever tell my kids and daycare kids that you do not like the book where the wild things are. I love it. But we are to very different people. I love the sand castles! But I do not remember going swimming in the summer. How weird is that?

Ruth said...

I have never read the book either, or seen the movie. Smurfs are AWESOME! I use to watch them all the time when I was little. I bet you miss your mom. She loves you! I hope you have a good week!

cheeks said...

what a cool charity event! I hope you get to see your mama smurf soon! i'm sure she misses you too!

Chelseys Blog said...

Wow! These are incredible. How cool is that? I had no idea you were a simpson fan. If your burned at the stake for not liking where the wild things are, I will be burned at the stake definately for not having a inkling of anything but disgust for the simpsons.

The Obergs said...

very fun. Some people are just too creative for their own good. My mom has a similar term of endearment that she hates: Grandma Sue...

Anyways, I won't burn you at the stake, but I think the movie looks AWESOME! The sound track is going to be great.