Monday, November 28, 2011

Best Date so Far

Saturday November 26, 2011 was a great day. It is my favorite day with Scott so far. We spent the day in the Salt Lake City area. It started off with an early matinee of Breaking Dawn-yup I saw it and I liked it!
Both of us are looking at purchasing a car. We test drove one and sat in many. We laughed over the persistence of car salesmen. We skipped lunch. We were starving! And the salesman would not let us go! We finally escaped and went on the search for food.
I saw McGrath's Fish House.
Scott ordered an appetizer sampler. It had shrimp crostinis with balsamic reduction, crab cake, chicken kabobs,  and hummus. My favorite was the crostinis and the crab cake!!!!
Scott ordered two items that were new to us. The above is Halibut with a pear glaze and pear compote, veggies and penne. DELISH
Below is their Bay City Salmon-stuffed with a crab mix and covered in some kind of sauce that was completely wonderful.
Scott ordered a raspberry lemonade. It was so good that my plan was when our amazing waitress Rebecca brought refills I was going to change my drink order. Well she was so on it that she brought a vanilla lemonade for me to try. It was a new flavor combination that I really enjoyed. 
After dinner we went to Temple Square and checked out the lights.
I was touched so much by the reflection pool and the manger scene there. I cried.
After seeing everything Temple Square had to offer we were walking and noticed a particularly energetic horse pulling a carriage. He did not want to wait for other cars, he was ready to go and prance and have some fun in the brisk evening air. His personality was priceless.
Scott and I walked to The Melting Pot for dessert! It was his first time being there. I ran to the little girls room and came back to champagne glasses full of sparkling peach and passion fruit juice! It was so romantic and I loved it. We had the bananas foster for dessert. It was a perfectly spiritual, romantic, satisfying, comfortable, thoughtful, day I have had with Scott yet! I am oh so very lucky!

Side note: Scott talked to my dad alone for about an hour. . . . He is the first man to ask my dad for my hand. I am so happy! and scared. . .  and happy. . . . and scared. . . . .

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Miss Mary Ann, you deserve ALL that life has to offer. Oh, I am jealous, what I would not give to have a date like that with my own husband before he goes back to Idaho until May. But alas, I work ALL the time and money is tight with his expenses in going back to Idaho and Christmas. I hope only good things come to you.

The Obergs said...

Holy Cow, Holy COW, HOLY COW!!!! Mary Ann, this is all so exciting. It sounds like Scott treats you so well. I am wishing you both the very best. Love you!

P.S. I thought about you, as with every year, on pie day. If you're ever close to Layton the day before thanksgiving, you should stop in and be an honorary Frost girl and make some pies with us.

Lizi Bates said...

WeeHOO! Love those perfect days, even better when it's a perfect day date!! I hope you have many more of these to come ;) So glad you could spend Thanksgiving with your family. Also I can't believe how beautifully red those trees are on the posts a couple down, wowza!

Melissa Rees said...

Oh wow!! That is so cool! I hope all goes well!

cheeks said...

AHHHHH! i've been mia from the world of internet and feel like i've missed so much!! how exciting!!! can't wait to hear more details! you definitely deserve the happiness scott brings you!

cheeks said...

ps, the knit band you made for your sis is so cute! maybe one day when another baby comes along i will hire you to knit a tiny little beanie for it....they have such cute patterns...and you have skills!

Chelseys Blog said...

I need your address so I can sent you a christmas card.