Friday, June 24, 2011

Brushing RODENTS? ? ? No---ROTADENT

I am not sure how many of you have tired a Rotadent toothbrush. I knew they existed but was not sold on them. And why do I need another power toothbrush. I mean, I will have to get a power strip just to accommodate my toothbrushes--not to mention flat iron, different sized curling irons, and whatever else I need plugged in for beautification purposes! It is too much of a bother.
My office's front office manager, Betsy, loves the Rotadent and worked very hard to get us trial units. We were able to get them at no cost.
I thought this toothbrush would be similar to Oral-B Triumph due to the circular head. I like the Triumph and I like Sonicare's toothbrush also. I am an advocate for power toothbrushes. I like them for the fact it helps my patients clean better and longer. My dr is hesitant due to the potential to be aggressive. I understand; yet I have seen root erosion caused by regular over the counter toothbrushes. Toothbrushes do not have a standard stiffness. Some soft toothbrushes are not as soft as others. My opinion is that any toothbrush can cause damage.
Well the Rotadent is amazing. The brush bristles are extremely soft. Softer than Oral-B or Sonicare. Rotadent also has less power. . . I cannot find the stats on RPM etc but I think from use of the brush it is less. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. I personally like it. It is not too aggressive yet it cleans my teeth wonderfully! It took me a few seconds to get used to the lower vibrations in comparison to Sonicare and to trust the soft bristles unlike the Oral-B-which has tough bristles.
All in all I like the Rotadent!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I had no idea you used a straightener.

Melissa Rees said...

Don't even get me started on my curling iron and flat iron situation. Let's just say men should not design bathrooms, especially outlets. Glad you like the Rotadent! Maybe that will be my next power brush