Thursday, June 09, 2011

Peonies and Coral

It is summer-kinda. That means Farmers Markets! There is one near my office on Wednesdays and one by my house on Saturdays. Each offer different things. Both have lovely fresh local blooming flowers.
Yesterday I got 10 peonies and 3 corals. The above pic is of the pink coral. I am not a flower connoisseur and am clueless. All I know is that it is pretty and smells divine!

The peonies are tight and closed but will be open this weekend just in time for my sister Lori's first Mair Adventure. As you readers know I go on several adventures. Lori has yet to be on one. Tomorrow she is leaving her 3 children and getting on a plane and starting her adventure! I am thrilled to share the city with her!

This is a white coral. They  reall are delicate and lovely flowers. The are going to be so wonderful when they are open. Even now I looked over and the peonies have opened more than the picture. It amazes me how fast peonies open up. The wonder of it is endearing and exciting. The suspense and quick changes make this flower so fun and fragrant!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Some day I will get to go on an adventure with you! I look forward to it. I hope you have a wonderful time with you sister. Sisters are wonderful!