Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A Flower Filled . . . Wednesday

I went for a walk today during my lunch. As usual I had a mission. Bank and grocery store. On my way to the bank Pioneer Square was full of flowers. I looked and was pleased to see the world.
I whipped out my trusty camera and snapped some shots. It is difficult to see but you get the idea. It really is much more impressive in person. These flowers will sit here for a week and then be sold off as a fund raiser for some good cause. It is the Festival of Flowers.
I have really learned to enjoy the constant activity of the city. I look forward to the flowers and the markets and the gatherings. It is the Rose Festival also. We are currently behind on the roses blooming since it has been so cold this spring. But the peonies are blooming. There was a woman selling these huge blossoming fragrant flowers. I bought a few stems for the girls at work. They filled the office with smiles and lovely aroma. I am very lucky to get to enjoy the quirks and perks of this weird city!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I like your new background! I love the smell of flowers! My kids would love the world made of flowers.

Chelseys Blog said...

These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

cheeks said...

great facelift on the blog! love the bright happy flowers!

i think i'd love to live in a big/busy city....you are lucky! the "world" is great. someone was pretty creative. i wonder how long it took to set it all up?! hope you're doing good :)