Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Lori Adventure continued

My adventure with my sister Lori continues.
All weekend I made my sister wake up early and leave the house about 630-7 am. She was a champ and let me drag her out and about before the crowds. Saturday after we saw the many wonderful waterfalls The Columbia River Gorge has to offer, we went to my apartment and Lori took tiny 40 min nap. I ate lunch while she snoozed. Therefore Lori got to try some food from Africa. I have never tried it. It was different and unique. I love that Lori tried new food!!!!
Sunday we went to worship at the coast.
This is Lori excited to see the ocean. She recorded the whole event to show her children.
Lori standing in the Pacific Ocean. It was foot numbingly cold yet she braved it to find seashells.
We visited the Seaside Aquarium. They have a touch tank full of starfish and anemonies. Lori touched everything.
We found a starfish on the beach. He was dead or we would have trown him back into the ocean.

This is what I called a crab graveyard. It was pieces of crab that had washed up and picked over by the seagulls. It was pretty neat.
The Seaside Aquarium has sea lions you can feed. They are too fun. The pesky fellas splash you to get your attention. Well this little fella was 5 days old. He/she is so new and just pain adorable!
Lori and I at a view point on highway 101. We are so cute!
I am so thankful for the chance to spend time with my sister. I love my two sisters! I am so thankful for them. For their love, for their visits to me. I feel so loved having them come to my world and share it.
Lori and I did eat dinner at the Black Bear Diner. It is my favorite place to eat. I truly think the pancakes are the best. Lori was not in a pancake mood. But did try mine and she agreed that they are pretty amazing pancakes.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Meghan would love to come and look for seashells. She so wants to go to the beach. Someday...

cheeks said...

great pics...you guys didn't waste any time! that baby sea lion is so cute! and the crab graveyard...a little freaky! :) visitors are the best!

Melissa Rees said...

Awww! I love my sisters too! So glad she could come visit! And now I'm totally craving Black Bear Diner...

The Obergs said...

I've had those African crepe things, and can I just say, they're not that great... hahha. Hopefully she enjoyed her lunch though.

I'm so impressed by your gung-ho attitude, 6:30 every morning! No use wasting time.

Chelseys Blog said...

So fun! Love your sister came to visit and make great memories! Love the ocean pictures. You look beautiful in the pics. P.S. LOVE THE BACKGROUND:)

Lori England said...

Well the food was different. I did not like the crepe but the meet was good. Loved the pictures! Send them to me!