Wednesday, December 03, 2008

3 down 0 to go

Today was the best interview yet! When I saw this job posted on Craigs list I had this feeling. I know it sounds cheezy but the feeling I got was this is why no one else has called-I'm supposed to work here. I believe that more that before! This office is in straight up downtown Portland. I have to park my car in a parking garage and the office is on the 7th floor of this huge building. It is small. It has 4 ops. The Dr is young. He bought the practice 1.5 years ago. There are about 600 patients on file. Not many kids--Yeah!!! He needs a RDH Tues, Wed, and Thurs with the chance to grow as his practice grows. I think I am going to like how he diagnoses, and treats patients. He believes in gold crowns. He gives the patient 2-3 treatment plans with all the different options and lets the patient decide what they want. I like that. I really really like that! I also personally like gold. Gold crowns are so much more well adapted to the tooth and the tissues are so much healthier. I know gold is not cool cosmetically but as far as longevity and durability and health I think they rock. Now you can criticize me all you want. I personally have a porcelain crown...I hate it. I wish it was gold just because of the margins and my gums cause I now have a 4mm pocket! ARGGHH. The only downer is that he does not have digital and all notes are in charts...not the computer-weird cause he is young and should be all into the technology. Anyway, I really really want to work for this dentist!!! Then if I am lucky I can still work at at the high end place in Lake Oswego and work 5 days in hygiene! I hope anyway! That would be perfect. The one yesterday was in McMinnville which took me over an hour in commuting...The Lake Oswego takes me about 30 minutes of freeway (not stop and go) and the downtown one takes about 13 minutes mostly freeway. I pray I get this downtown job! So wish me luck!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I like gold crowns too. If I ever have to get a crown I want gold, cuz then I'll look like a pirate. Yar.

I hate digital x-rays! I think I'm the only hygienist on the planet who likes the old-fashioned ones. I can't stand the sensors and even the ones that look like film that you reuse always get scratced and look like crap. I am so afraid of technology. I like writing my notes in the chart like a pioneer hygienist. I'm so weird.

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I argued with my mom and oral surgeon to let me get gold teeth for my implants. Heh heh.

I seriously hope you get to work with the bling doctor-- he officially has my stamp of approval. ;-D

Em said...

Sounds good. How long till you know? I bet your on pins and needles. Hey, are you going home for christmas?